Wednesday 4 November 2009

Boom & Flash! Fireworks & Review

Remember, Remember The Fifth Of November!
So, tomorrow is Guy Fawke's Night.
The night when we mark the failure of the Gunpowder Plot in which Guy Fawke's and his accomplices tried to blow up Parliament in 1605!

I decided it was good idea to make my nails super colourful and fun in lieu with Bonfire Night. All those colourful fireworks...

Also, it seemed as good a time as any to cram a little review onto here =]

So, here are the colours I used and the finished article:

- Barry M Nail Paint in No 136 Tangerine
- Barry M Nail Paint in 161 Vivid Purple
- GOSH Nail Lacquer in 544 Pink Lady
- Barry M Nail Paint in 295 Turquoise
- GOSH Nail Lacquer in 552 Yellow Bombay

and

- GOSH Nail Lacquer in 01 Base/Top Coat

Photobucket

On a side note, don't you love my bedspread! <3

Photobucket

So, I realise I may be a little old to paint my nails like this now. But it's all in fun and part of me still thinks it's so much fun!
Haha!

Anyway, reviews!

Barry M Nail Paint

As a brand, Barry M is amazing. They make amazing, affordable products that I love. However, as far as the Nail Paints go, the standard isn't the same. I find the Barry M Nail Paints a bit gloopy unless you shake like a tectonic plate! Colour wise, there's a great choice. I do still like the range though... there are worse nail products out there. I'm just a little disappointed in Barry M as the rest of the brand is so good.

GOSH Nail Lacquer


These things are fabulous!! Talk about quality... The colours glide on so easily and the polish doesn't get thick in the bottle like others can do. Colour wise, the GOSH range is a bit more limited than Barry M and a good majority of the colours are pretty safe reds/pinks etc. There are a few shocking shades though and Pink Lady & Bombay Yellow are two of them! The Base/Top Coat is an invaluable little asset and keeps your nails chip free much longer than other top coats I've used in the past.

I think both brands make decent nail colours and are both worth a look at. GOSH is a little more expensive than Barry M but you will see were the extra few quid went!

Have a fun Bonfire Night all!
And be safe!

xXx SK xXx


0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Home Improvement.