Monday 16 November 2009

Haul & General Update

Hey all, it's been ages since I updated this!
I've just been so busy and stressed the past two weeks that I've not had much time for anything other than working, eating and sleeping!

But, I decided to treat myself the other day and bought a few bits & bobs to cheer myself up after an awful weekend!
First of all, I bought a plain mint green polo neck from New Look. I love polo neck jumpers.
I also got a gorgeous underwear set from Knickerbox in Ann Summers, it's the really pretty white set with the silver stars. Super cute! <3

Then I took a little wander over to CULT to see if they still had the shirt dress I'd admired in the window the week before. They didn't sadly but I did find these two fabulous winter dresses! And, even better, they were only £10 each in the vintage sale. Not sure which I prefer yet. I love the cut of the orange one but the greens in the other are beautiful!

Photobucket

Photobucket

So, that satisfied my retail urges for a little while longer!

In other news, I may be in with some luck in the job department. I am attending a recruitment evening for a high end fashion store, I think it's code for 'group interview' if I'm honest, and I am also waiting on a call from another store manager for a phone interview. I hope something comes from one of them! Royally sick of where I am now and having a few problems (sadly I can't really discuss them on my blog)

Hmmm, what else? Me and the boyfriend have started to clear out our flat in preparation for Christmas, and also because we need to clear some space and find new homes for things we no longer want/need. Our goal and reward at the end is to hopefully buy a cosy swivel chair that seats two. Cuddles and late night random chats to be had when we get it I think. =]

My dress for Christmas also arrived. It's a vintage 70s mini dress with a Victorian-like style to it, which I found very unusual for a 70s dress. It's dark brown with 3/4 length sleeves and the neckline and sleeves are trimmed in cream lace! It doesn't look like much on the hanger and I may get it taken in a little because it's a bit loose on me. I'm going to pair it with ribbed cream tights and brown suede court shoes.
What do you think?

Photobucket

I've also been resisting the urge to adopt a gerbil I saw in Pets At Home. They have a little corner tucked away with unwanted animals and the only one there the past few times I've been in the only resident has been one gerbil, name of Alfred. The name sold me if I'm honest. I like to name things with 'old fashioned' names. For example, my laptop is called Blanche after a character in a Tennessee Williams play. But Alfred called out to me and I am so tempted to go in and give him home. Sadly I'm not supposed to have pets in the flat and I don't know whether to risk it...

=[

Much love

XxX SK XxX

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Home Improvement.