Monday 12 October 2009

All Great Art Begins With A Blank Canvas

...which is supposed to be my witty way of saying you need to look after your skin! Did it work?
Anyway, our skin takes a right beating from the environment on a daily basis. Add the fact many of us coat ourselves in makeup and it's practically sinful what we put our skin through (me especially!). However, a good skincare routine needn't be a chore when it's so easily obtainable.
You don't need to wash, cleanse, tone, moisturise every single day and night. Just a few simple steps can help keep your skin in shape, so to speak.

.: Bare Faced Beauty :.
First of all, it is absolutely vital (and I do mean vital) that you remove all of your makeup before you go to bed. Although it often seems like you don't have any foundation or powder by the time you're ready for bed, I guarantee you that there will be some left on there. Skin needs a chance to breathe and makeup can clog up your pores and lead to bad skin and blemishes. Whilst you get your rest for the night, let your skin do the same.

.: Refresh Yourself :.
It's such a cliche, but drinking plenty of water is also an important part of your skincare and it's not a hard part to keep up with. Water keeps your skin hydrated and prevents it from drying out and becoming less taut. It also flushes out any toxins your skin has accumulated.

.: Treat Yourself :.
There's nothing better than pampering yourself. I find that after some of the things I put my skin through nothing revitalises me quite like a nice facemask. My personal favourite is 'Fruit Smoothie' by Montagne Jeunesse : which is also very affordable (always a plus). Applying one of these every two weeks or so (sometimes more) is a real pick me up when my skin is starting to feel a little tired and rundown.

Makeup will always go on better to well looked after skin. You can only cover up so much. But sometimes, especially when it comes to the base, less is more.

=]

xXx SK xXx

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Home Improvement.