Monday 19 October 2009

Busy Weekend!

Wow! What a weekend this has been!
Spent my days off running around like a chicken!
But it was all good fun.

As I said in my previous post, I had my first official job on Saturday as a MUA.
It was so much fun!
But I had the ridiculous notion to wear denim hotpants with fairly thin purple tights and it was freezing!!
But once I got my blood flowing again it was all good!

Sunday was my chill out day. I was supposed to meet a friend for some coffee and such, but he got called into work at the last moment which kind of sucked!
But I spent the day organising my makeup and doodling some ideas down.
I also got my flat back into some semblance of order, we'll see how long that lasts!

Today... I was up at half six (yes as in a.m) to get to a shoot in St Helens. I say half six, I woke up then but didn't move until seven! I always set my alarm half an hour before I NEED to get up so I have 30 minutes to shift my ass!
But yes, I was out super early this morning! Not left the house that early in months since I stopped doing 7am starts at work!
So, I got the train to St Helens and met up with a photography student to do a kind of avant-garde style look.
Check out her work here: http://www.modelmayhem.com/733470
She's got some great images...
So, yes, she met me at the train station (thank god because I would have gotten lost on my own!). We walked up to her college to use the studio there and had a nice chat on the way (about boyfriends and Warcraft!).
Once there I set my stuff up and explained my idea for the look to her, then doodled it on some paper using black eyeliner.
Once the model turned up I set to work.
I did a kind of flame inspired look with swirls of colour winding down from her hairline to her cheeks.
Some of the shots came out amazing and I cannot wait to get some prints for my portfolio!
Waiting on the images from both the photographers I've worked with this weekend.
Cannot wait!
Hopefully I'll get some other work for some time over the next month to expand some more in terms of prints and contacts!

The train journey back home was eventful to say the least!
In the station I managed to get my bottle of Apple Lucozade to fizz up all over me... and my vanity case and my book! =[
A girl sat opposite me gave me a really snide look, so I returned it and lovingly ensured my book would survive the dilema... then got all the sticky yuck off my hands. Luckily I had baby wipes in my case!

That ordeal over with I got onto the train and a few stops later a guy got on. About 17 or so... and he started chatting to me. Now, I am the idiot that talks back because I hate being rude. But this guy seemed to have some kind of mental disability and it was hard to talk to him. I don't want to sound offensive or anything like that, but he kind of scared me. He asked me questions as varied as: why don't they bleep the swearing in movies at the cinema, whether or not I divulge my pin number to people and whether all counsellors are secretive (secretive as in being loyal to the idea of confidentiality). I'll be honest, I was preparing to jump up at my stop and run so he couldn't follow me. I felt very uncomfortable!

But, other than that, what a great weekend this has been!

Love and stuff!

xXx SK xXx

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Home Improvement.