Tuesday 13 October 2009

Sleek Makeup Haul/Review

Hey guys. So yesterday, whilst whiling away an hour or two waiting for my boyfriend to finish work, I had a little browse in Superdrug and decided to buy myself some Sleek Makeup. I've seen the brand before but never purchased any, but I thought I'd give it a go and see what it was like. I got the Divine Mineral Based Eyeshadow Palette 'The Original' and two Eye Dusts in 'Breathless' (blue) & 'So Sleek' (pink).

Photobucket

Photobucket

The palette was £4.87 and the dusts were £2.93 each. Extremely cheap prices, and for the price I wasn't expecting a whole lot from them really. Now, first of all, how adorable is the packaging? I am in love with the chic logo and stylish design. The colours, in the palette/tubs, look promisingly vibrant but nothing can be said before doing some swatches can it?

Palette Swatches:

Photobucket

I have to say, I am impressed. These swatches are without any primer or base underneath! I applied them with a brush first, but found that they work better using a sponge applicator. I cannot get over how vibrant these colours are on their own! Bargain value and amazing quality! Too good to be true? No, this is just an amazing brand for both affordability and quality!

Now, swatches for the Eye Dusts:

Photobucket

Lower swatches are with 'GOSH Waterproof Eyeshadow Stick in Love That Beige!' and the upper swatches are the dusts on their own. Again, look at the vibrancy of these colours! This brand is amazing! Best find of the year for me I think!

Here's a look I did using the middle two blues in the palette, I used Barry M Lip & Eye Crayon as a base:

Photobucket

Photobucket

My conclusion? This is a brand well worth a look at!
I will definitely be buying more from this range soon!

xXx SK xXx

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Home Improvement.