Monday 12 October 2009

W7 Paintbox 77 Palette

I bought this palette a month or so back.
Having mentioned it on a forum or two, I decided to do a review on it.

Photobucket

The palette comprised of 77 pressed powder eyeshadows, ranging in colour from nude to black. It cost me around £5 in T.J.Hughes, and if I reviewed it for value of money alone I'd say it was a bargain buy.

Nevertheless, I was extremely disappointed with this product. The colours are very poorly pigment and don't pack any punch unless you get a decent primer behind them. I've posted a swatch example below. The lower swatches are without a primer and the ones above them are the same colours applied over Barry M Lip and Eye Crayon in green.

Photobucket

As you can see, the shadows are extremely faint on their own and not much better with a primer underneath. These are not colours you could do a bold look with as they all look a little washed out.

Another problem I had with this palette was that, for having 77 colours, the variety is pretty bland, with many of the colours being far too similar to one another. It's like holding a muted rainbow spectrum in your hands. The palette consists almost entirely of neutral browns and beiges and the 'brighter' colours, such as the blues and greens, are pretty miserable looking.

Since buying this palette, I have barely used it as it simply isn't versatile enough and the quality is very poor.
If you are just starting out in makeup and want to experiment without splashing out, this would be a good starting point perhaps just to get used to working with different colours.
However, if you're more experienced with cosmetics I would recommend getting a 120-pro Palette from eBay or Coastal Scents.

Rating out of 10 for this product? I'd give it about a 3 or 4!

xXx SK xXx

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Home Improvement.